Monday, August 29, 2011

Catching Up

A lot has happened since my last post, and it is sometimes difficult to decide what to share, so I shall share what is on my mind, and if you, dear readers, have anything you'd like to ask about, please don't hesitate.  After all, that is one of the purposes of the comment section.

At the moment, I am preoccupied with how awesome it is to be working on my dream.  While financial success is certain a component of this dream, and in fact, is a primary goal for many reasons, the money itself, is not the dream.  My mother, my husband and I all have some similar desires, and we are combining our resources to achieve some of those desires, but we all have individual desires as well. Luckily for us, the building of this dream and vision is something we all desire to do.

Thus it is that we find ourselves enjoying everything from the unusual to the mundane.  As an example, a 5.9 earthquake hit Virginia for the first time in decades.  One of the things I told my husband is eerily reminiscent of something he once told me.  When we fell in love, he lived in Australia, and I was living in Virginia, and being somewhat logical and rational, as well as attached to our respective homelands, we spent a great deal of time analyzing who should move first.  One of the things he told me to get me to move to Australia was, "We don't have any natural disasters in Victoria."  In his defense, we were discussing things like hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes.  In spite of that, I tease him regularly over the fact that in February of 2009, I was treated to the opportunity of defending my home against the worst bushfire to ever hit Australia.

Fast forward two years, and we are planning to move to the U.S.  As I worked on his visa, I remember telling him that it's pretty easy to defend against tornadoes and hurricanes, and luckily, we'll be living on the East coast where there are no earthquakes.

Luckily, there was no damage and neither of us was injured, but at this point, we are both wary of declaring that any place we end up is safe from disaster, and our friends are now declaring a ban on us spending any amount of time in Yellowstone lest we cause the end of the world.

To return to my initial point about working on my dream, it is so much fun to take care of our chickens, and to catch up with friends we haven't seen in years, and to find out that we have friends who are not only celebrating with us that we have this opportunity, they insist on helping us to build our dream in any way possible, whether through ideas, sharing of skills, tasting the food and even going so far as to giving us money.  

We have faced a lot of challenges over the last half decade, and I know... I really know that there are more challenges to come, but this moment in the journey is a real joy and I'm stopping to savor it.

I do not want to over burden this blog with too many subjects in one posting as some of my readers suffer from ADD, so I will try and update a bit more regularly.  I'll reiterate that if any of you would like me to elaborate on something specific, just say the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment